|Thursday, March 03, 2011: Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited (SSTL), operating its telecom services under the brand ”MTS”, today announced the launch of its high-speed mobile broadband service, MBlaze in Gujarat. |
According to Cheenu Seshadri, Chief Strategy Officer, Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd, “MTS is committed to building a business model based on its unique and differentiated ‘Data centric, Voice enabled’ strategy. As part of this commitment, the company is rapidly expanding its data footprint in the country and currently offers High Speed Mobile broadband services under the MBlaze brand in over 130 towns across India including 75 of top-100 cities across the country. Specifically, looking at Gujarat, it is a key market for us and we have earmarked Rs. 100 Crore to roll out our voice and high-speed data services across the state.”
Given the scale and speed of rollout of MBlaze service across the country, MTS now addresses over 92% of the data potential across India.
According to Navid Rashid, Chief Operating Officer, Gujarat circle, Sistema Shyam Teleservices Ltd, “We are excited to launch our High Speed Mobile Broadband service in nine towns across Gujarat. The launch of MBlaze services is supported by a robust network of 8500 retail outlets and 15 company flagship stores, backed by a world class customer care set up. Customers in Gujarat will now be able to enjoy the unmatched MBlaze experience coupled with attractive tariffs and innovative offerings.”
Data Opportunity In India
As per Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s (TRAI) December 2010 report, the broadband penetration in India stands at just 0.8% as against the Teledensity of 60.99% as of September 2010. This in-turn translates to a mere 10.3 million broadband connections by the end of 2010. The National Broadband Plan envisages provision of 160 million broadband connections including 60 million wireless broadband connections by the year 2014. Hence, there is a huge opportunity for the growth and proliferation of High Speed Mobile Broadband services in the country.
MBlaze World Cup Pack
· MBlaze World Cup Pack – On recharging with Rs. 496, MBlaze customers to get 5 GB data usage free. Additionally, for every Indian victory in the world cup, MBlaze customers will get 250MB data usage free. If India wins all its matches including the world cup final, the customers will get over 2 GB data usage absolutely free.
MBlaze Tariff Advantage
· To suit everyone’s pocket, MTS has introduced attractive data usage plans starting from Rs.198.
· Customers also have the option to enjoy unlimited data usage with Unlimited MBlazer priced at just Rs. 999 with a 30 day validity.
MTS TV – Access to Live TV and Video on Demand
· Using MBlaze dongles and HSD (High Speed Data) compatible handsets, MTS customers can enjoy video streaming, High quality audio/video download and live play back.
· With MTS TV, customers can watch over 60 LIVE TV and on demand Video Channels. The customers will get access to a range of News, Entertainment, Sports and Regional channels.
Exciting Offers for MBlaze Customers
· MTS has tied up with Hewlett Packard (HP) – On purchase of an HP laptop, customers can get MBlaze for just Rs. 999; made available through prepaid plans